$11.95 – $33.62
Pure xylitol is a white crystalline substance that looks and tastes like sugar. On food labels, xylitol is classified broadly as a carbohydrate and more narrowly as a polyol. Because xylitol is only slowly absorbed and partially utilized, a reduced calorie claim is allowed: 2.4 calories per gram or 40% less than other carbohydrates.
Xylitol has been used in foods since the 1960’s. It is a popular sweetener for the diabetic diet in some countries. In the U.S., xylitol is approved as a food additive in unlimited quantity for foods with special dietary purposes.
Studies show that 4 to 12 grams of xylitol per day are very effective.
If used only occasionally or even as often as once a day, xylitol may NOT be effective, regardless of the amount. Use xylitol every day for lasting results.
- Good Taste with No Unpleasant Aftertaste
- Low in calories
- Safe for people with diabetes
- Increase energy by enhancing ATP production
- Increase utilisation of fat
- Replenishes glycogen
- Anabolic ‘keeps biosynthetic pathways open’
- Anticatabolic ‘helps maintain lean muscle mass’
- Antioxidant ‘generates NADPH, keeping glutathione in an active state’
- Increase endurance
- Reduce free radical and oxidative damage
- Helps Reduce the Development of Dental Caries
- Reduces Plaque Formation
- Increases Salivary Flow to Aid in the Repair of Damaged Tooth Enamel
- Provides One-Third Fewer Calories than Sugar – about 2.4 Calories per Gram
- May Be Useful as an Alternative to Sugar for People with Diabetes on the Advice of their Health Care Providers